A brief look at my labors of love and creative pursuits.
Project #1: Creative Writing
About the Project: In my spare time, I enjoy the freedom and imagination involved with writing essays and short fiction. At some point in the future, I’d like to continue writing short stories via my author website.
- Winner of Musepaper Essay Literary Award (“The One“)
- Reader’s Choice Award at Didcot Writers (“Wanted“)
- Very Short fiction published in Florida Writers Association newsletter (“No Answer“).
Project #2: Dragonsinn.net
About the Project: A dragon resource website with art and information on dragon culture and history.
- Created in 1999, this was my first experience with SEO and web writing!
- Highly ranked for search terms like “dragon travel photos,” “dragon poetry,” and “dragon anatomy.” (As of June 2020.)
- This site is likely to function as an archive as I usually take on a maximum of 1-2 side projects, for better focus and impact.
You can view a more detailed case study here.
Project #3: Volunteer at The Letter Project
About the Project: The Letter Project offers help through letter writing to girls and women in need of extra love and support.
- I’ve been a volunteer here for several years.
- While it’s not a pen-pal platform, I enjoy the tangible aspect of making a connection through writing and sending a letter through the mail.
- I reach out to young women who struggle with relationships or career planning as these were huge sources of stress for me when I was in my late teens.
Check out The Letter Project for more details.