I am a creative and analytical content specialist with 3+ years of remote work experience. I am passionate about elegant and effective solutions which engage the target audience.
2015 – 2018
Blogger, JessCScott.com (pen name)
- Grew socio-historical blog from zero to 1 million+ page views
and 500+ email subscribers organically.
- Focused content on book reviews, simplifying complex
information, and data visualization.
- SEO optimized with keywords, titles, links, and image tags.
Oct 2018 – Nov 2018
Marketing Design Intern, Immersely
- Designed marketing collateral for a startup in the B2B gaming/advertising industry.
- Material was created for the #DMWF event in NYC.
2017 – 2018
Content Writer / UX Designer (Freelance + Pro Bono)
- Working with industry leaders on content marketing for the Art and Me e-commerce site.
- Performed content audits of sites and apps, such as the literacy app for 1,000 Books Foundation.
- Provided project management support and website / brochure copywriting.
Jan 2015 – June 2016
Social Media Manager, Freelancer at CloudPeeps
- Increased Pinterest organic followers by 100%+ in 3 months for a camp program.
- Created on-brand social media graphics and infographics.
- Studied analytics to identify trends and key metrics.
Additional Work History
- FlexJobs – Data Entry Specialist | Jan 2015 – Present (Remote)
- GuideStar – Qualitative Research Intern | Jan 2015 – Feb 2015
- Webmistress – Dragonsinn.net (’99 – Present / SEO personal project)
- HubSpot Academy – Content Marketing (2018)
- Google Analytics IQ
- University of Michigan, edX – MicroMasters in UX Research and Design (2018)
- Adams State University – (B.A.), Interdisciplinary Studies (English / Business) (2011)
- Blogging / Content Creation
- Copywriting / Editing
- Content / Digital Marketing
- User Flows / Journeys
- Visual Design
- Observing and Listening
- Adobe XD
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva
- MailChimp, MailerLite
- Trello, Slack
- Google Analytics, WordPress, Yoast